Heritage Mews self catering holiday cottage in Stratford-upon-Avon Booking Terms and Conditions
1. Contract: A contract between Kirsten Holst and Sarah Jelly, the Owners (referred to as “we” or “us”) of Heritage Mews in Stratford-upon-Avon (the property), and the Customer making the booking (referred to as “you” or “your”), exists when we issue our Booking Confirmation to you. The contract is subject to the terms and conditions herein.
Please note: When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only exist when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing by us when we send you our Booking Confirmation by post or email.
2. Booking and payment: We require a completed Booking Form (an online booking form or a signed PDF booking form) and a non-refundable deposit of £75 per week or part-week in order to confirm a booking. A booking request (made by telephone, email or online) is held provisionally for 5 days. We issue our Booking Confirmation on receipt of your Booking Form and deposit. The balance of the rental is due 8 WEEKS before the arrival date. If the total rental is not paid 8 weeks before arrival, we are entitled to treat this as a cancellation by you. For a booking made within 8 weeks of arrival, we do not hold the booking provisionally. We must receive a Booking Form and the total rental promptly to confirm the booking. We must be in receipt of the total rental as cleared funds before you can take possession of the property.
3. Cancellation: Bookings must comply with Government Covid-19 regulations. Cancellations must be notified to us in writing. The treatment of your cancellation will depend on the date your booking was made and the reason for cancellation.
3.1. Covid Refund Guarantee for bookings from 9 January 2021:
3.1.1. In the event that Heritage Mews is put under Government Covid Restrictions (such as a National or Local / Regional lockdown) requiring it to close for the period of your booking, you will be refunded in full.
3.1.2. In the event that your address given on the booking form is put under Government Covid Local / Regional Lockdown Restrictions rendering you unable to travel and the period of restriction covers your booking, you will be refunded in full. Please note that this applies only to the address of the person making the booking; it does not apply if another party member at a different address is unable to travel due to Covid Local / Regional Lockdown.
3.1.3. The Covid Refund Guarantee does not apply if you or members of your party are disinclined or unable to travel or stay at Heritage Mews for any other reason, including, but not limited to, illness including Covid, requirement to quarantine or self-isolate, change in personal circumstances, family emergency, travel delays etc. You are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance to cover these eventualities. In the event you cancel for any reason other than those covered in clauses 3.1.1 and 3.1.2, clause 3.1.4 applies.
3.1.4. In the event you cancel, we will try to re-let. Where you have paid the total rental, we will make a refund if we re-let. The amount refunded will depend on the number of nights re-let and payment(s) received for the new booking(s), which may be less than you paid, and will be less the deposit which we retain as an administration fee. If we do not re-let, no refund will be made. Where you have not paid in full at the time of cancellation, you will still remain liable for the total rental unless we re-let.
3.2. Cancellation by us: If we cancel your booking for whatever reason, our liability is limited to refunding all monies received from you. If we have to terminate your holiday early for whatever reason, our liability is limited to refunding your payment in part, pro rata based on the number of nights remaining.
4. Occupancy: This is a holiday letting and as such is exempt from security of tenure. ONLY NON-SMOKERS can occupy the property. Pets are not permitted at the property. You can check-in / access the property from 3pm on arrival day. You must vacate the property by 10am on departure day; failure to do so will entitle us to make an additional charge, unless we have given you our prior written consent to vacate at a later time. Maximum occupancy is three guests (adults/children). Only the guests named on your Booking Form and our Booking Confirmation are allowed in the property. Additional day-time visitors at the property may be allowed at our discretion and require our prior written consent. You must show due consideration to us and to third parties. If any Occupancy condition is not observed, we are entitled to refuse to allow you to take possession of the property or to repossess the property without notice and to make an additional charge. In these circumstances, we will not make a refund and will not have any liability to you as a result of this situation arising.
5. Liability: We shall not be liable to you or to third parties for loss, damage or injury to persons or to any vehicle or effects brought onto the property.
6. Property Care: You are responsible for the property. You and all members of your party shall take all reasonable care of the property and its contents. You must leave the property and its contents in the same state of cleanliness, general repair and order as you found them on arrival. We are entitled to make an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after your occupancy and for any consequential loss. If you, or a member of your party, cause any breakage or damage, you must report this to us at the time and reimburse us for the cost of replacement or repair and for any consequential loss. We are entitled to repossess the property without notice if we reasonably believe damage to the property or its contents has been caused, or is likely to be caused, by you or a member of your party. In these circumstances, we will not make a refund and will not have any liability to you as a result of this situation arising.
7. Maintenance: In the event of any maintenance problem or malfunction of any appliance or equipment in the property, you must report this to us at the time, so that we can carry out repairs or maintenance. We (and our workmen) are entitled to enter the property at any reasonable time for maintenance or inspection.
8. Complaints: If you have cause for complaint, you should contact us immediately so that the matter can be resolved. Complaints not reported at the time and not during the rental period cannot be entertained or investigated later, after the end of the rental period.