To ensure the well-being of our guests we are following a Government / Tourist Authority approved enhanced cleaning protocol and safety measures for self-catering properties. We ‘double clean’ – first cleaning the cottage to our usual high standard, followed by sanitising. We use a food-safe virucide that conforms to EN 14476:2013+A2:2019 and is known to ‘kill’ (neutralise) SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes Covid-19. We focus on kitchen surfaces and equipment, bathroom surfaces and key areas and touch points, including door handles, light switches etc. You can read the cleaning protocol HERE and our risk assessment HERE.
In the kitchen you will find complimentary hand sanitiser (100ml bottle) and anti-viral wipes for your use when you are out and return to the cottage. We also provide food-safe virucide in a spray bottle (in the cupboard under the sink) and disposable gloves for you to sanitise hard kitchen surfaces. Please be sure to follow the instructions on the bottle.
Our welcome tray contains only single packaged items. We put a clean table cloth on the dining table and provide a sanitised wipe-clean cloth for the coffee table.
We wash all towels (white personal towels and kitchen towels) at 60 degrees and steam iron the bed linen and table cloths, ensuring any residual virus is neutralised.
To meet the safety measures, we ask guests for your help in reducing the risk of spreading the virus –
- Please ensure the rooms are well-ventilated while you are packing up to leave, in order to reduce any possible air borne virus in the property. However, please close all the windows before you leave.
- Bed linen: please do not strip the beds before you leave.Latest guidance is that we can best control the possible spread of the virus from bed linen by removing it ourselves. Please put used towels in the bath and leave any unused towels in the bedrooms.
- Please empty all bins and put the plastic bags in the dustbin in the outside utility cupboard under the porch.
- Dishwasher – please use the dishwasher set on the “normal” setting. This ensures items are washed at a high temperature that neutralises the virus. You can leave the dishwasher running when you leave.
- Arrival & departure times: please be sure to leave promptly by 10am on your departure day. If you plan to leave earlier it would be really helpful if you could let us know. Thank you!
- If a member of your party develops Covid-19 symptoms during your stay, or is advised by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app to self-isolate, please let us know immediately and follow Government guidance on obtaining a test and self-isolating. Please read and follow the instructions in the NHS poster What you need to do if you fall ill with COVID-19 whist visiting. https://www.assc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/NHS-Poster.pdf. For medical help, use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/, or telephone the NHS on 111. Please note that if you need to extend your stay for any reason, including self-isolating, you will have to pay for the additional nights and any additional costs arising out of our having to cancel our next guests’ booking(s).
We hope you have a wonderful holiday. Please be sure to follow Government guidance on social distancing when you are out and wash, or sanitise, your hands frequently, including when you return to the cottage. If you have any queries before or during your stay, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We thank you for your cooperation. Kirsten and Sarah