Heritage Mews is a small, modern two bedroom terraced cottage, with private off-road parking for two cars to the rear of the property. The bedrooms and bathroom / WC are upstairs. The cottage is situated in a quiet no-through road within 0.75km of Stratford-upon-Avon town centre - a level walk. There is also easy access to level footpaths (firm gravel and tarmac) through parks and gardens along the banks of the River Avon. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, but if you have any queries please do contact us. We look forward to welcoming you at Heritage Mews.
• Our website, www.heritagemews.co.uk
, has photos and details of all the rooms and garden. There is an interactive map showing the location of the cottage.
• Bookings and enquiries can be made by email, telephone or letter.
• Our Access statement can be emailed or posted to you and is available in different font sizes. There is also a copy in our Welcome folder in the cottage.
• Detailed directions to the property are sent to guests after booking.
• Stratford-upon-Avon railway station is 1.2km from the property. Taxis are usually waiting at the station.
• The coach and bus arrival point, Riverside Bus station, is 1.6km from the property.
• Stratford town centre is within 0.75km level walk of the property.
• We can arrange for provisions to be delivered for your arrival.
• There is a Shopmobility scheme in Stratford-upon-Avon, 1.2km from the property: www.stratford.gov.uk/community/community-224.cfm
Tel: 01789 414534.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is private parking for two cars in courtyards to the rear of the cottage.
• The first parking space is 9m from the rear entrance to the property, at the end of the garden. There is a fence next to the parking space with a wooden gate (90cms wide) opening into the garden. When you park facing forwards there is limited space on the driver's side between the parked car and the fence. On the passenger's side there is space to open the door wide and you get out onto a gravel path running the length of the parking space to tarmac. There is rear access to the car.
• From the garden gate to the rear entrance door (into the sitting/dining room) is paved and with an area of gravel with staggered slabs. At the door, there is one step 12cm high, 40cm deep and a 17cm threshold step. The door is 80cm wide with 78cm access.
• From the first parking space to the front door of the property is 20m, via level pavement leading to a block-paved front path. There is a 14cm step up to the open porch and front door.
• The second parking space is in a courtyard 40m from the front door, via level tarmac and pavement leading to front path.
• The parking area and route to the front door is lit at night.
• You can park temporarily to drop someone off at the side of the property, 5m from the front door, next to the block-paved front path. There is no dropped curve here.
• Blue Badge holders can park on New Street in front of the property, 6m from the front door. There is a dropped kerb. A level block-paved path leads straight to front door (no step up). The property has an open porch with a wooden pillar. The width of the space between the pillar and wall is 86cm on this path.
• Street parking is not permitted directly in front of the property for non Blue Badge holders. There is restricted parking on the opposite side of New Street (2 hours).
• There are several RADAR toilets in Stratford town centre. The nearest is on Waterside, 800m from Heritage Mews.
• The front door is under an open porch, with a light next to it.
• We usually welcome guests and hand over the keys personally. If required, arrangements can be made to provide you with a front door key to let yourself in.
• The front door threshold step is 14cms high. The door is 80cm wide with 78cm access.
• Inside the front door is the hall, which gives access to the kitchen and sitting/dining room. The stairs rise from the hall. The hall corridor is restricted to 83cms wide for part of its length, where there is a radiator on the wall.
• The hall has short pile carpet. The carpet is light brown / straw, the skirting boards are white and the walls cream. The doors to the kitchen and sitting room are white. The front door and stair banisters are dark wood stained.
• There is a payphone on the hall wall, 109cm above floor. It takes incoming and outgoing calls. Emergency calls are not charged and we also provide a free direct line to our home and mobile should you need to contact us.
• The doors to the kitchen and sitting/dining room are 76cm wide, with a maximum opening of 72cm.
• The stairs are carpeted, with 13 steps, 79cm wide, 20cm high, 25cm deep. There are banisters with a handrail on one side.
Sitting / Dining Room
• Round pedestal dining table in one corner, 106cm diameter, 76cm high, with 72cm underspace. Three slat back dining chairs without arms and with removable seat pads. Two are easily accessible. Restricted space between the table and wall (50cm) to sit at one dining chair.
• Two-seater sofa and armchair - non feather.
• Light footstool/cube (non feather), which can be moved easily.
• Rectangular coffee table with shelf, 92cm by 46cm. Height 46cm.
• Short pile carpet - light brown / straw colour. Skirting boards white, walls cream and door & windows to garden dark wood stained.
• Teletext TV, DVD player and VCR, each with a remote.
• Cupboard with DVDs, videos, books, games.
• The largest free space is approximately 1.75m by 1.5m - irregular.
• Understairs cupboard with vacuum cleaner, small step stool useful for reaching top kitchen cupboards.
• There is no separate laundry. There is a standard size front loading washer/dryer in the kitchen. A retractable washing line in the garden. Indoor drying / airing racks are provided. There is an airing cupboard in double bedroom. An iron and ironing board are provided.
• The two bedrooms are upstairs off the landing: a 5 foot double and a single.
• Bedroom doors are 68.5cm wide with 64cm access.
• The landing and bedroom carpet is light brown / straw, bed linen is cream, walls are cream, skirtings and doors white. Landing balustrades and bedroom windows are dark wood stained.
• The landing and bedrooms each has a ceiling light with a dimmer switch.
• Both the double and single beds have metal bedsteads with sprung slatted bases and pocket sprung mattresses 63cm high (from floor to top of mattress). Non feather duvets (tog rating according to season) and pillows. Bed linen is Dorma 50/50 poly cotton. There are optional cotton flat sheets, throws and spare blankets.
• Five foot wide double bed - can be accessed on both sides. Largest transfer space is 1m - on right next to dressing table.
• Two bedside chests with lamps, dressing table and stool, fitted wardrobe. Radio alarm clock on bedside chest near window.
• Folding luggage rack - 50cm high.
• Largest free space is 1m by 1.3m between bed and dressing table.
• Single three foot wide bed. Next to wall on one side. 1m transfer space on other side.
• Wall light above bed with switch on cord accessible from bed. Small corner shelf with alarm clock next to bed.
• Small bedside table that can be moved, wooden slat back chair with removable seat pad, wardrobe, small chest of drawers.
• Folding luggage rack - 50cm high.
• Largest free area is 106cm by 216cm.
• There is one bathroom / WC upstairs off the landing.
• Door is 68.5cm wide with 64cm access,
• Bathroom floor is beech effect vinyl planks. White bathroom suite, white tiles and cream walls.
• Bath with shower over, toilet and washbasin.
• Bath height 51cm. Integral hand grips. Quarter turn twin-flow mono-bloc tap.
• Shower is thermostatically controlled. Shower head with flexible hose can be removed from the vertical rail. Height of shower head at lowest position on rail is 137cm from bottom of bath. Two controls - one for temperature and one for water volume. Height of highest control is 105cm from bottom of bath.
• Toilet seat height 41cm. Push button flush on top of the cylinder - height from floor 87cm.
• Space between toilet and bath - 11cm. Space between toilet and wall 32cm.
• Pedestal washbasin 85.5cm high. Quarter turn mono-bloc mixer tap.
• Mirrored cabinet with lights over the washbasin and plenty of shelving available at varying heights.
• Free space in bathroom 70cm by 120cm.
• Kitchen is off the hall. Door is 76cm wide with 72cm access.
• Flooring is wood effect Amtico planks – no change of level from hall carpet.
• Kitchen cupboards and tiles behind worktops are cream. White appliances - dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge-freezer, microwave.
• Worktops are wood effect. Height 90cm.
• Single sink (white) - height 90cm, with cupboard under. Easy to operate quarter turn mixer tap.
• Gas four ring hob set into worktop (90cm high) with extractor fan and light over.
• Single multi-function electric oven and grill below hob / worktop. Oven / grill has drop down door. Accessed from sides.
• Fridge-freezer at end of kitchen, behind door to hall when open. The 4star freezer is above the fridge. Highest shelf in fridge is 66cm. Base of freezer is 86cm high, shelf 106cm high.
• Microwave on top of fridge-freezer.
• Dishwasher with drop down door, below worktop next to sink. Accessed from side.
• Front loading washer / dryer under worktop.
• Crockery in wall cupboards, lowest shelf 140cm high, top shelf 190cm high.
• Cookware in cupboard below worktop.
• Cutlery and saucepans in drawers below worktop.
• Evenly lit kitchen with fluorescent ceiling light and light above hob.
• Free space 105cm by 159cm
• Fire extinguisher and fire blanket on wall immediately on left as you enter the kitchen.
• Small front garden between property and pavement.
• Small rear patio garden accessed from door in sitting/dining room. Door is 80cm wide with 78cm access. The threshold step is 17cm down to a paved step, which is 40cm deep and 12cm high.
• The garden is paved, with an area of gravel with staggered slabs - level. Colourful planted pots and borders particularly in summer. Planted for all year round interest.
• Patio table and three chairs, with seat pads available (put out from spring to autumn).
• Bird bath attracts birds.
• Three lightweight folding / picnic chairs available.
• Two mains powered smoke / heat alarms - heat alarm in hall and smoke alarm upstairs on landing.
• Emergency torch in hall cupboard.
• Mobile phone reception.
• Heritage Mews is available to non-smokers only.
• Booking & enquiries to: Val Broke-Smith.
Address: 15 Bullivents Close, Bentley Heath, Solihull, B93 9BT.
• Telephone: 01564 778649 or mobile: 07947 200740
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.heritagemews.co.uk
• Property address: Heritage Mews, 42 New Street, Old Town, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6BX. See website for interactive map showing location of Heritage Mews.
• Hours of operation: We can be contacted by telephone at any reasonable time.
• Emergency telephone number: Val & Simon Broke-Smith: Tel. 01564 778649 or 07946 200740.
• Local public transport numbers: Train tickets: 0870 609 6060; TrainTracker: 0871 200 49 50: Stage coach buses: 01926 422462. Or contact Stratford-upon-Avon Tourist Information Centre: tel 0870 160 7930.
• Local accessible taxi numbers: 007 Taxis: 01789 414007
• Stratford-upon-Avon Tourist Information Centre: tel. 0870 160 7930.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve.If you have any comments please phone - 01564 778649 or email - email@example.com
Created on: 17/01/2008